Photo Contest application lets you install on your fanpage a contest whose winner participates uploading a picture. Try a Photo Contest demo here.
Before starting, you may ask yourself the following question: do you want your fans to vote for a picture and the most voted one has more possibilities to win? If your answer is yes, so you want to include votings in your contest, then click here.
If your answers is no, so you want every participants to have the same possibilities to win, then keep on reading.
Trisocial platform lets you install, among a lot of other kinds of promotions, photo contests, where fans can participate by uploading a picture via Facebook, or using Twitter or Instagram. The application also lets you ask one or more questions to the participants.
To easily install a Photo contest on your fanpage, you can access Trisocial’s contests and promotions catalog and click on Install, just under Photo Contest.
You can also install a Photo contest on your fanpage from Trisocial’s website, entering your client zone.
Use your Facebook profile to log in and, once in your client zone, click on Go to gallery applications.
Select Contests and promotions applications and click on Install, right under Contest application.
Select the fanpage on which you want to install the application and choose a name for the tab that will be automaticly generated. Remember, unless you are installing a Basic contest, not to check ‘Basic content option’ box. Here you can find the features of this type of applications and the differences with the other options.
After completing this information, the platform will lead you to a managing panel of the application, in which you will find three different parts:
1. Application activation switch: by default it appears as No, what means that the application is only visible for administrators of the fanpage. When you need to activate it and make it visible for all your fans, just slide it to Yes.
2. URL compatible with mobile devices: to correctly promote your contest, we recommend you to use this link because it’s compatible with smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.
3. Administration tabs: through them you will be able to manage everything in your application.
Morever, anytime you can previsualize the application you are setting up by clicking on ‘Go to page’ button.
– Basic configuration
This information is essential to the configuration of any contest on Facebook. In this tab you must indicate:
- Promotion name
- Description: explain to your fans what the promotion consists of, how to participate, what they can get…
- Legal terms: here you can read advices to redact them and a template.
- Presentation image: it is optional, but highly recommended to configure.
- Promotion start and end date.
– Participants configuration: this section is specially important because, from here, the type of expected answer -and so the kind of contest (photo, video or text) that you want to install- will be configured. In this case, we select Photo or Photo and text, in case we want to set up a public response to a question asked. Here it is also found everything related to participants, like maximum number or the possibility of participating in several ocassions.
If you don’t want participations to be published automaticly, it’s possible to activate premoderation function and you will be notified by email -in the specified email address- with every new participation, so that you can decide if you approve it or not.
– Share and viralize options configuration: in this section you can prepare the content -text and image- your fans will use for sharing their participation with their friends, on their Facebook walls or using other social networks.
When you complete this information, your contest is ready and you just have to publish it by sliding the application activation switch so that your fans start participating. Keep on reading for adittional configuration information about your promotion.
– Other configurations
- Design configuration: you can configure an image to be shown after participating.
- Anti-fraud configuration: you can activate anti-fraud to try to avoid false profiles.
- Twitter-Instagram configuration: add the possibility of participating in your contest by Twitter or Instagram using a hashtag. It must be activated for a Twitter or Instagram contest and has an associated hashtag.
*Remember that participations from Twitter or Instagram will be registered automaticly, but not visualized, that usually takes a little longer to appear.
- Votes configuration: for a photo contest it is not necessary to activate this section, so select No in ‘It is allowed to vote’ option.
- Data required to participant configuration: if there is something else you want to ask to the participants, any other aditional information you may need or the answer of any question, this is where you can add the questions you want.
- Analytic configuration: track your campaing using Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. Here you will find out more information about this topic.
The rest of the tabs contain information related to participants and voters -which can be downloaded-, a section to select the winners, check and analyse your promotion statistics, share it using different widgets and track your campaign.
To begin setting up a photo voting contest on your fanpage, click here.